Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bienvenido a España

I got in this morning around 11:30 after a six and a half hour flight from Newark and took a taxi to the hotel. We are staying in the Husa Moncloa hotel for the next few days and it is very nice. Everything went very smoothly and one of the girls I am staying with was already there. I sat down on the bed to read the hotel guide and the next thing I knew I had been asleep for 3 hours. I guess I didn´t realize how tired I was. By the time I took a shower, the other girl who is staying in the hotel with us tonight came in. She and I decided to just start walking around the city and see what we came across. The weather is amazing, around 60 degrees and sunny. We walked through a beautiful park and I can tell I am already going to love this culture. The spaniards walk everywhere anaad lay on the grass around fountains reading and talking. Whitney and I are going to walk around some more and hopefully find a great place to eat. The rest of the group is coming in tomorrow and the program will officially start! I´ll be updating tomorrow, hopefully with some great pictures!

Hasta Mañana!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds beautiful and I can't wait to see it for myself next week! Glad you made it safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

hi caro

brad says hi

mom is in corpus

she thought you were gonna email us

but anyway am enjoying the blog.

sounds fabuous.

dad and brad